Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tennessee Trip, Part II

Thursday was another lazy day for us. The highlight of the day for me was going to a local all-you-can-eat catfish restaurant. The only time growing up I got to eat catfish was on my birthday (at Hush Puppies in Bakersfield) or if we went to visit my grandma in Texas. Even at a young age I was able to out eat all the relatives. Today, those stories continue to be told and the amount of fish I ate continues to grow with each story. In a couple of years I will reach Bill Brasky level.

Friday was quite a busy day. We decided to use our rain checks to Dollywood in the morning. The adults went to ride all the roller coasters while the kids went to the boring rides. However, I did take Dillon back on the teacups and, to his delight, we went even faster than the last time.

Friday night we went to the NASCAR SpeedPark to ride the go-carts and the whole family got into the action. Grandma even showed off her driving skills. However, I got the best of Uncle Curt, who is the biggest racing fan in the family. I beat him in every go-cart race and on the Similator. He was so frustrated by my driving skills that he spun me out on the Similator and yet I still caught up and passed him again.

Today is our last day here and we are sticking around the house playing dominoes, cards, pool and the Wii. On Sunday we fly back to our normal lives.

Below are more pictures:


Uncle Joe shootin' the breeze with Dillon.


There was a water ride at Dollywood that allowed for the riders to shoot at people walking by. This picture was taken right before Uncle Joe soaked my shoes. I thought I was out of the way but he found a way to still get me wet.


If you look closely you can see Dillon between Uncle Jeff and Aunt Lynn.


The little chickies after the aforementioned water ride.


Dillon had a blast "driving" the cars at the NASCAR SpeedPark.


Dillon "The Intimidator" Nixon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE LOVED THE PIC'S THANKS
AT

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys in July.
AT