Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cutting out the Middle Man

For some time now, Dillon has played a game with me every time I eject a DVD from the PS3. I will hit the eject button from the remote and he will try to beat me to the PS3, always pretending to grab the DVD. He knows he will go in timeout if he touches the DVD so he always stops short. He laughs, watches me put the movie up, then begs for Elmo or Bob the Builder. Most of the time I say no, he cries, then runs to mom.

On Monday he took matters into his own hands. Dillon was finishing up the end of Cars and the credits were rolling as Christina walked out of the room. When she re-entered the living room Dillon was sitting on the floor watching Elmo. He had pushed the eject button on the PS3, put the Cars DVD back into the right box, climbed onto the couch, retrieved the Elmo DVD box from on top of the DVD cabinet, opened the box and put the Elmo DVD correctly into the PS3 in less than three minutes.

At this rate he will be ordering his own movies from Netflix by the time Baby Nixon arrives.



----------------
Now playing: Matt Costa - Astair
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Adam said...

Well played Dillon, well played.

Now you just have to outdo pops on GTA and you'll be king of the household.

Jimmie said...

Sorry Adam, that is a crown I will never relinquish.

Anonymous said...

WHAT A SMART KID, I BET HE CAN ALREADY ORDER FROM NETFLEX, I BET HE CAN BEAT NHIS DAD ON THE PS3 AS WELL, GO DILLON!