Tuesday, February 09, 2010

More Brenna Pictures

One of my rules for our babies was that we would never announce the names until after the babies were born. No matter who or how many times they ask, I would not reveal the name. Last night at dinner, Grandma Sharon was drilling me over the name and I was refusing the temptation to spill the beans.

I did say that Dillon was told the name a few days ago but had forgotten it. Christina and I had just asked him the night before if he remembered Brenna's name and he said no. So the following exchange happened:

Grandma Sharon: Dillon, what's your sister's name?

Dillon: Jessie (He was enamored with the name since Toy Story 2 is his favorite movie.)

Grandma Sharon: It's ok Dillon you can tell me her real name.

Dillon: (whispering in his grandma's ear) Brenna Joy.

I guess I won't be sharing any more secrets with Dillon.

A good picture of me and Brenna. Our nurse took a picture of me but it was really blurry so Christina had to snap this one.


Brenna tried to open her eyes for this picture.

Grammy with Brenna. Due to the H1N1 scare, the hospital only allowed two visitors for the entire stay and I count as one of those visitors. That left us having to choose one of the four grandparents be able to hold Brenna during her first couple of days.

However, Ginni knew one of the nurses in the Birth Center and she allowed the other three grandparents in to hold Brenna. That was the one bright side of Brenna being born at 3:31 in the morning, we were allowed to sneak in extra visitors.

Papa Jim was the biggest person to benefit from the "extra visitors" because he was going to have to leave Sonora before Brenna would be released from the hospital. There are not any pictures of Brenna with Grandma Sharon because I had left the camera in the waiting room when she was holding her. She will just have to wait a few days.

By the way, please excuse any typos or misspellings in the last two posts. I don't function well under three hours of sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you put while Grandma Sharon was holding him, She is a GIRL!!!
AT

Jimmie said...

Fixed. I told you I was tired.