Thursday, April 01, 2010

OP (Original Prankster)

I kept my successful prank streak alive this year with a slew of gags on coworkers and family. I started the day by putting scotch tape on the receiver of a few of my coworkers' phones. This caused the other person on the phone to tell the pranked coworker that their phone didn't work.

I also had a coworker whose been having some computer problems lately. I went in her office and turned off the switch to her power strip where all of her computer equipment was plugged in at. I then found a radio in which I turned the volume up to the max and plugged in to her turned off power strip. I hid the radio under her desk, right at ear level. When she crawled under her desk to turn on the power strip, she got quite the surprise.

Throughout the day I also switched ties every hour. I had a few coworkers ask me if I was wearing a certain tie all day, in which I would respond with "No". Then the next time they saw me with a different tie I would smile and say "April Fools".

My biggest prank was on my boss. Our county CAO, my boss's boss, was giving a presentation to all of the county workers. I was in charge of setting up the computer and projector for his Power Point. To help set up in advance, he had emailed me his file. I took the liberty to add a slide of my boss from the early 90's, with her Nineties Perm and all, to his presentation. Needless to say, the room full of 40 people enjoyed the interruption.

I also coordinated a story with James. He and Michelle are going on a cruise on Saturday. I recruited a coworker to call her and give her the following story:

May I speak with Mrs. Michelle Evans?

Hello Mrs. Evans my name is Kelly from Royal Caribbean. I am calling concerning your cruise out of Puerto Rico on April 3rd.

I am sad to inform you that due to unsafe waters caused by La Nina, we are cancelling the trip.

Our system shows that you did not purchase travel insurance so we will not be able to refund your money.

However, we can offer you a complimentary DVD showcasing our Royal Caribbean fleet and destinations.

[If she thinks that is not enough] The best we can do is provide you with a discounted three day cruise that embarks from Los Angeles with stops at Catalina Island and Ensenada. All you need to do is provide us with a $500 deposit that will cover both you and Mr. Evans.

This is a one time special offer so you must decide right now if you would like to take advantage of our discounted price.

[If she is still upset] Mrs. Evans I realize you are upset but there is nothing else I can do to help you. If you would like, I can transfer you to my supervisor.

Please hold while I transfer you, by the way his name is Jimmie Nixon

We had Michelle going for a while but she eventually figured out I was behind it.

So as not to leave Christina out, I had to pull one on her. A little back story, Christina is always nagging me to close the cabinet door after I get a glass or plate out. So when I came home for lunch, I promptly opened every, and I mean EVERY, cabinet and drawer in the kitchen, hallway, bathroom, and bedroom. I just wish I would have been there when she returned home from her parents.


----------------
Now playing: The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are Rotten!! You just wait one of these days someone will get you back, and that will be a kicker.
AT