Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Showtime

Last week I attended the Lakers-Kings game with a few coworkers. Our local Rec Department was able to score nice tickets at a very good price. I forgot my camera but thankfully my coworker Ree was smart enough to bring hers to capture the night on film.

I could barely hold my excitement. Of course I was going to wear Lakers gear to the game and to my surprise, about half of the crowd in Sacramento decided to join me in donning a Laker jersey.

We got to the game early, which allowed us to watch the Lakers warm up. But my time observing Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol stretch was cut short because our group was picked to be a part of the "high five line" during introductions. This meant that we would be on the court when the Kings came out to warm up.

The downside of being picked was we all had to wear a Kings shirt. I was constantly harassing the Kings employee who was in charge of the high five line and joking I was going to trip Tyreke Evans as he ran through our line. (All you non-Laker fans get a good long hard look at me wearing this shirt because the picture will self-destruct once you leave this blog.)

Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson's seat was by where we were standing so Ree got her picture snapped with him.

I tried my best to behave while on the court but I made sure to hide the Kings logo any time a picture was snapped.

Eventually the Purple and Gold bled through (along with that goofy look on my face) for a picture. And yes, that is my old school Eddie Jones rookie jersey. Take a walk down memory lane with these Eddie Jones dunks and this finger roll.

Finally, I couldn't leave the court without photo evidence that the shooter's toe was on the line. The game itself was great as the Lakers won 112-100 and Kobe notched is 17th career triple double.

1 comment:

Aunt Terri said...

How Funny!! What a Great Trip, even if you had to wear a Kings shirt.
Thanks for sharing your pic's
AT