Sunday, December 19, 2010

One Proud Dad

Last night I was watching Ken Burn's updated Baseball: The Tenth Inning documentary and Dillon sat down next to me. I was already beaming in delight from him showing an interest without me prompting him, when Dillon turned to me and said, "Daddy, I want to be a baseball player when I grow up." It gave me a lump the size of a baseball in my throat.

Later that night, long after the movie was over, Dillon and I had the following conversation:

Dillon: "I like that baseball song."
Me: "What baseball song? How does it go?"
Dillon: "O say can we see, at the Dodgers we like"


By the way, I highly recommend the Ken Burns full baseball documentary if you are a baseball fan. It is very long, but very entertaining and informative.

4 comments:

Aunt Terri said...

That is so sweet!! Way to go Dillon!!!

Pam McDaniel said...

You've GOT to send that to Reader's Digest or something! That's too precious!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Aunt Terri said...

Mr. Scully would Love it!! You need to send it to him!!

Anonymous said...

Your uncle Jason is so proud!!!! Brought a tear to my eye!!!