Sunday, April 27, 2008

Shafter Basketball

I was recently made aware of a great new website that highlights Shafter High basketball. The site has some great season recaps, interviews with coaches, recaps of the current team's games, and even a reader account of my favorite game as a senior. I really enjoyed the story behind why a new gym was built and learned I was the MVP of the 1957-58 season.

Some of my best memories in high school came from playing basketball. My core group of friends were on the team which lead to some fun bus rides. It is crazy for me to think that next year will be our ten year reunion. Below is a picture taken of me in mid jump shot during a game against Garces during my senior year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW WHAT A GREAT PIC, LOVE IT

W.R. Shafter said...

Thanks for the plug and congratulations.