Thursday, October 08, 2009

Misunderstanding

Every Thursday Christina and I go to our small group Bible study which starts at 6 pm. Tonight the ending of the Dodger game was around 6 pm. I spent as much time as I could watching the game at home (through the top of the 9th) and listened to the bottom of the 9th on our drive. When we arrived at our destination the Dodgers were down to their last out.

Christina had no interest in sitting in the car with me to listen to the end of the game, so she went inside to talk to all the women about babies and our new announcement. Around the same time, a fellow Dodger fan pulled up so we listened together as the Dodgers started an unbelievable two out rally. After Loretta had the game winning hit we went inside joining the talk about our soon to be little girl, where the following exchange happened with a lady in our small group:

Sharece - (patting me on the back) "Congratulations, Jimmie."
Me - "Thanks, I can't believe the Dodgers pulled out that win."
Sharece - (silent, with a stunned look on her face)

Of course I am writing this as I watch the bottom of the 9th on the DVR.

No comments: