Friday, February 03, 2006

CPA Test

On February 18 I will be taking the last part of the CPA test. It will be my third time to sit for the Auditing part. For some reason I am having trouble passing this last part. I thought I had passed the first time I took the Auditing section, but to my dismay I only scored a 64, a 75 or better passes. The second try netted me a 71. Close, but no cigar.

To my credit I did pass the Business (scored 82), Financial (83), and Regulation (77) parts all on the first try, which I am incredibly proud of. According to my review course,Becker Review, "only 10% of candidates sitting pass all parts." One of the professors of the Becker Review who has his CPA license and is a practicing lawyer put into perspective just how tough the CPA test really is. He says that the CPA test is much more difficult than the bar exam and all of his CPA/lawyer friends agree.

Studying for this test has taken up a lot of my free time. I have estimated that I have spent over 320 hours studying just for the tests. On top of that, the tests themselves add up to 15 hours. Also, each test is in Sacremnto which means 2 hours of driving each way. Some quick math shows that 320 hrs studying + 15 hrs testing + 24 hrs driving = no life for me. I hope you will understand if posting is light for the next two weeks as I begin to really hit the books hard.

No comments: