Monday, July 31, 2006

The Office (updated with picture)

No, this post isn't about one of the best shows on TV (speaking of, go check out the supporting cast's webisodes when you get a chance) but a story of Dillon's first trip to see Dad at work.

Dillon and Christina met me for lunch one day last week. After we left the restaurant Dillon decided it was time for him to eat. It was to hot for Christina to feed him in the car and she didn't want to go home because she still needed to go grocery shopping. So Christina and Dillon snuck in the side door at work, we couldn't use the front door because it would take us hours to walk down the hall to my office. For some reason my coworkers are drawn to babies like Ned Colletti to Devil Ray players (sorry only a few readers will actually get that joke.)

After the feeding, Dillon needed a diaper change. With no where else to do it I told Christina to go ahead and change it on my desk. Christina had forgotten to put the portable plastic changing pad in the diaper bag so Dillon was placed right on top of my calendar.

As Christina was commenting on how dirty (both 1 and 2) his diaper was, Dillon showed us he wasn't done with #2. Luckily Christina had not moved the diaper yet so she was able to "catch" it in the Pampers. As we were laughing at her quick reflexes Dillon tried writing his name in the snow, sans snow. He shot it over his head, just missing my lap.

By the time we had grabbed the birth cloth to cover him up he had stopped. Since we had moved the birth cloth, Dillon thought it would be funny to spit up all over my calendar.

Cleaning the spit up off the calendar was no big deal, until Dillon decided to play a little more water sports in Dad's office. Having moved the diaper cloth once again he was able to squirt the floor, my chair, and the calendar.

Once a new diaper was on I was recruited to burp Dillon. Right on cue he spit up all over my dress shirt, missing the burp cloth on my shoulder.

Needless to say, I will be glad to change the calendar over to August tomorrow.


The future CPA at Dad's office.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Aren't children delightful?

/end deadpan

Anonymous said...

That's what you get for taking him in the side door and not going through the front door to show him off. Pay Back is ruff. Great shot Dillon, keep your parents on their toes. He is so talented.
AT

Jimmie said...

It's not that we didn't want to show him off, it's just that when you have a fussy baby you don't feel like standing there as someone else is admiring him.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW, BUT DILLON CAN'T BE THAT FUSSY, HE JUST WANTED TO BE SEEN, STARTING EARLY. I KNOW IT WASN'T THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO SHOW HIM OFF, JOKE