Friday, August 11, 2006

Got Milk (Review)?

As an avid shopper at Amazon.com, I often depend on reviews to make decisions to buy or not to buy products. Thankfully, I am now able to make an educated choice on my purchase of milk.

Apparently, a couple of guys with a website decided to start posting humorous comments on Amazon.com about Tuscan milk. Last Friday, the blog Boing Boing picked up on it and a new Internet phenomenon was born.

One of my favorites: "Unfortunately, after a terrible night's sleep, I have concluded that this product is not suitable for use a pillow."

And some soundly baseball advice: "One word of caution, Milk, even when frozen into a baseball-bat shape is nigh worthless as a baseball bat, merely shattering into cloudy fragments at the first strike of a baseball. And if one of said fragments happens to strike/splash (if it's a hot day) the umpire, be prepared to face his wrath. If not in that inning, then in a subsequent inning (especially on hot, humid days), after the milk has curdled and started to emit that gorge-raising stench."

(Via The New York Times)

3 comments:

Adam said...

That's hilarious dude. I didn't see anything in my reading, but did they do any other products or just the milk?

Jimmie said...

I only now of them "reviewing" the milk. The absurdity of the reviews reminds me of the Chuck Norris facts.

Adam said...

Fact: Chuck Norris has a nightlight, not because he's scared of the dark, but because the dark is scared of him.