Monday, September 24, 2007

Mission Accomplished

Dillon, Christina, and I went to the Bay Area this weekend. James was able to snag four free tickets to the Reds-Giants game. We were able to convince the Cranchs to also come over because Paul had never gone to a baseball game before. James also invited one of his old small group guys.
Here we are after the game. From left to right: James, David, me, Paul. It was fan appreciation day at AT&T Park, which is why there is a Toyota truck parked at second base.


After the game it was announced that all fans were allowed to run the bases. This is the first time I had ever heard of adults being allowed to participate. Normally, it is only children that is allowed to have the joy of pretending to be a major leaguer.

James went ahead of me to set up shop with the camera. The ushers standing by all the bases kept repeating, "No sliding!" My goal was simple: ignore the ushers and do something every baseball fan dreams of, sliding into home plate. As I rounded third, an opening was created. This was my chance. I could slide into home and not disrupt the other fans.






Team Nixon 1. Giants 0.


----------------
Now playing: Mat Kearney - Crashing Down
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.....that is cool. You forgot to mention how it felt, anything like it might feel to hit nothing but net in Phoenix????

edluv said...

that's great stuff. i would love to run the bases @ a major league park.

and thanks for clarifying the truck on the field.

Jimmie said...

Not sure if it would feel the same as hitting nothing but net. I guess I will have to add "Sinking a shot at a rival's arena" to my list of things to do before I die.

Felicia said...

That's too funny Jimmie.

Adam said...

Aaaaaw, now they have to clean the Jimmie off the infield. Sheesh, way to go man.