Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Day 1: In the Books

The first day of the conference is now over. Christina, Dillon and I drove over to the UC Berkeley area to walk around and eat dinner. My favorite sight was a guy wearing a shirt in response to Charles Barkley's latest anti-Bay Area rants on TNT. Since this is a family website I can only give clues as to what it said. Clue #1: it was two words that rhyme. Clue #2: the second word is a common nickname for the name Charles.

***

Congrats to Craig for making the Vancouver Canucks website.

***

As a Lost fan, I am encouraged by the recent announcement that the show will only be on for three more shortened seasons. The show has really hit it's stride since coming back from their winter break. It is nice to know that questions will be answered and the writers will not have to drag out storylines because the network is in favor of keeping the show on the air just because it is a hit.

***

Dillon turns 11 months old today. I can't believe he is almost year old already.

5 comments:

Adam said...

Ok, if you like sushi, you have to find Tako Sushi on Telegraph near the university. Cheap and yummy. Or if you want to drive down into north Oakland/Temescal a couple miles, there's a great pizza place called Lanesplitters on Telegraph, or the one in Berkely on San Pablo.

You can find them of you do a Google search.

Jimmie said...

I don't like sushi so that is out. However, I wish I would have known about Lanesplitters on Telegraph because last night we walked Telegraph and we had pizza. Unfortunately, since we didn't know the best places we settled for Blondies. It wasn't bad but I also wouldn't go back.

Feel free to leave me some other suggestions for a place to eat dinner tonight.

Adam said...

I'll send Eleanore an email and see if she has any suggestions.

Anonymous said...

The best place in all of Oakland.

Jamaica Station
4929 Shattuck Ave., Oakland CA 94609; Tel. 510.597.1539

Adam said...

Eleanore mentioned Tuk Tuk Thai on Shattuck and she reminded me of Barney's on College Ave as well. You should love Barney's. Really good burgers and you should get the seasoned curly fries. To. Die. For.

A warning though, the full order of fries is pretty big. If you and Christina each get a hamburger and a full order of curly fries to share, you won't go home hungry.