Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Live From Berkeley

I am live blogging (ever wonder why "live blogging" is the new trend in the blogosphere? Isn't any post live when you post it?) from Berkeley, California. I am currently in the hotel lobby taking advantage of the free wireless internet, listening to OK Go on my iPod. The conference is for the MAA/TCM program. You may remember last year the conference was in San Diego but thankfully this year it is closer to home.

Christina and Dillon were able to come with me this year. However, like Adam, I forgot to bring my USB connector for my camera so I can not upload any photos until I get home. So if you are one of the readers who only checks this blog for Dillon pictures, you will have to wait until I get home on Saturday. For the rest of the week, the blog will be what I want to blog about, not pictures I am pressured into posting.

On a random The Office note (this one is for Ed since he had a request in the comments), I checked out this laptop that I am currently using from work. Yesterday, before I left the office I decided to log in with my county ID. Of course it didn't work so I had to talk to the computer lady. She said the computer was password protected using a special code. The code turns out to be no tougher than Michael Scott's password, in fact it was almost identical. For security reasons I can not tell you the password but I will say the password was just one number longer than Michael's and it does not break sequence. The IT lady then tells me I should probably write the password down on a sticky note and place it on the computer. At that point I had to fight back the laughter.

I guess I should stop now and check to see if Dillon has awakened from his morning nap.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Let's hope she was making an Office reference. Sheesh.

Jimmie said...

No she was not making a reference. I know everyone in my office who watches The Office and she is not one of them.

Adam said...

Well, it's a bit more depressing but much funnier to know that The Office, while a comedic fiction, still has basis in reality.