Saturday, July 28, 2007

Beer Me League

Some links while I watch the Marlins-Giants game to see if Bonds hits 755.

***

"Homer at the Bat" has always been my favorite Simpsons episode, which is why I this article made me smile. I'll include a video for those of you who prefer to watch then read.



***

Fellow video game nerds, there is a new video out showing off the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid 4. By the way, here is the second part of the trailer analysis that I posted earlier.

***

I started watching How I Met Your Mother based on a recommendation from Dana and CBS has started running a promotion site based upon the awesomest...wait for it... subplot ever. If you haven't watched the show, then you need to head on over to here to watch the episode in which the promotion site is based on. You won't regret it.

***

Adam, as a furniture maker I would like to hear your thoughts on the one-legged table.

***

The new Kanye West video is comic genius. Here is the same guy in a Fiona Apple video.



***

Yes, the title of this post is a reference to "Homer at the Bat" and my favorite clip from The Office.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Let's see. I'd probably say that the table works as a magnetic sandwich of sorts. I'd also say that the base is very heavy. Very heavy. And that the top is pretty light. It might not even be glass. Could be acrylic or plexi or something.

Apparently the leg placement is successful anywhere in the footprint. I'm not sure if that's to say that you can move the leg around after the table is made or if you can pick any one spot and the leg is permanently installed in that location.

It's definitely an interesting piece, but not within my tastes.

Side note, the word "tastes" was quite fun to type. But the word "testes" is even more fun.

Jimmie said...

How could it be magnetic? It wouldn't be good to be sitting at the kitchen table and then have knives start flying towards the base of the table.

Side note, your setting yourself up for an easy joke when you put those two words in quotes in your side note.

Adam said...

Oh, I know. It was a pro boner set up.

Is it a kitchen table? And not all flatware is magnetic.

Jimmie said...

But all flatware is magnetic in the movies and cartoons.