Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Stop the Junk Mail

This morning on the radio I heard a caller talk about a website that stops junk mail, such as preapproved credit cards, coming to your house. I was a little skeptical but curious. The first thing I did was Google it and found this website of the Federal Trade Commission. Sure enough towards the middle of the screen there was a link to www.optoutprescreen.com.

The reason I was originally skeptical is because it was a .com website, not a .gov like the National Do Not Call Registry, and because it asks for your social security number. However, the site is legit and I signed myself up for the permanent opt out choice.

Also, the radio caller was a mortgage broker and claimed he has been using it for his clients for a while now and that it also raises your credit score 20 to 25 points. I don't know if that is correct or not, but the benefit of not receiving any more junk mail is priceless.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Also good for the environment.