Saturday, March 11, 2006

More Random Thoughts

I can only hope that this rumor is true (link via Dodger Thoughts). Even though I will not order Showtime just for Arrested Development the thought of new episodes being created gets me excited.

**********

It continues to snow as I write this post. I will spare you the pictures but just imagine another foot of snow on top of the few inches from my previous posts.

**********

Once a month I have to go to Sacramento for meetings. The meetings are designed as a place for the 58 counties to get together and discuss any hot topics. They are very informative and a great chance to network with my counter parts in other counties.

It never ceases to amaze me the lack of respect that people have when it comes to cell phones. Every single meeting there are at least five different times that cell phones go off. What aggravates me even more is when the person decides to answer the phone but refuses to leave the crowded room, letting 50-75 people hear their conversation. I can forgive you if you forgot to turn your cell phone on silent but to think that your call is more important than this meeting is just disrespectful to everyone in the room.

**********

You can easily read anywhere on the internet that Saturday Night Live has lost its edge and is no longer funny but I really enjoyed the Sports Guy's take (about a quarter of the way down the page, or to be more exact the ninth question and answer) on the "Lazy Sunday" video.

Also, here is a good interview of the four new cast members.

**********

For those of you who have Hotmail, let me recommend that you sign up for Windows Live Mail. Let me warn you it is in beta so there are some random glitches but it is still a lot better than the regular Hotmail. It looks and responds a lot like Outlook which is a huge plus. My favorite upgrade is the viewing pane. This allows you to see the email without having to wait for another page to load. And since it is in beta you are given a chance to let Microsoft know what is and is not working.

1 comment:

Fishy said...

Okay, sorry but i didn't even read this blog, i just have a quick question. how does the points system work for the NCAA pool. what did you use in college to determine a winner? please let me know, check out my blog and leave a comment please it would be greatly appriciated. Later DADDY